8 Benefits of Property Maintenance Contracts for Landlords You May Not Have Considered
Being a landlord can be a very stressful experience, as is not the easy job many people think it is. In fact, as many as one in four landlords say it is much harder than they could have ever possibly imagined. You may find that many of the problems you encounter are caused by the tenants themselves as a result of not taking care of your property in the way you would like them to. This could ultimately mean you are left with costly repairs; especially if damage has been sustained over time, but maintenance issues can also arise from circumstances beyond anyone’s control such as a burst pipe or damage to the roof. In cases such as these your tenants will expect repairs to what is ultimately their home to be carried out quickly and with as little disruption as possible.
So what is a cost and time effective solution?
Property Maintenance Contracts
Whether you have one property or a portfolio to your name; a maintenance contract can be the answer where you hand over the care (and the wear and tear!) to an experienced firm who will sort out any works that need doing quickly and by using a professional team. The advantages don’t stop there either - here are 10 benefits of setting up a maintenance contract that you may not have even considered.
1. No landlord wants to take a phone call in the middle of the night regarding a maintenance emergency! Having a maintenance contract means you can sleep soundly knowing it will all be taken care of for you.
2. You can feel assured that you could be at the top of the list for emergency work to be carried out on your property because you do have that contract in place.
3. You could benefit from better rates by tying into a contract. We reward your loyalty by taking good care of you and your tenants!
4. Your tenants will be impressed by your quick response to urgent repairs. A good landlord-tenant relationship is key to keeping down those maintenance costs in the first place!
5. You can be confident of the quality of the work carried out by choosing a company you can trust.
6. Maintenance can be “topped up” between tenancies to keep your property portfolio in good condition which makes it more attractive to prospective tenants too.
7. Employing a contract maintenance firm means they will get to know your properties inside and out; meaning less time needs to be spent on repairs because they know the layout like the back of their hand!
8. A maintenance visit can also act as an additional property check where you can be informed about any other problems you may have been unaware of.
Ultimately, a property maintenance contract will save you time, work and money. No stress just peace of mind. Why not get in touch to talk to Hereco about your property maintenance needs – with years of experienced and many happy customers, we’d be glad to come up with a solution that works for you.